Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I've Hit Paydirt!!!


For years I have used this soil amendment, but have not seen it for two growing seasons, until last weekend when I stopped by Westbrae Nursery on Gilman Ave in Berkeley. It was on sale too, 4 bags for the price of 3. It has a higher percentage of chicken manure than many other amendments available on the market today. It's loaded with nutrients that have done wonders for my plants in the past.


I immediately mixed it into one of the raised beds and started filling it with volunteer lettuce and onions, as well as a few 6-packs of snap peas. It will be interestig to watch their progress. The photo shows the snap peas with a Lollo Rosso lettuce on the top, then Mizuna to the left and what I believe to be Deer Tongue lettuce to the right. I'll snap another photo in a few weeks to track their progress.

No comments: