Friday, March 14, 2008

Another Diabolical Plot Brewing


Another area where weeds just love to live is under my Pippin apple tree, so when I saw several varieties of mint at the nursery recently, I decided to make a purchase of 9 new plants and settle them near the tree. My hope is that they will choke out the weeds. A neighbor has the largest, most healthy looking mint plant in a shady spot, so I think they'll do just fine in dappled sunlight.

Everyone and their brother has warned me about the voracious appetite mint has for claiming new territory, but that is no deterrent for my plan. I use so much mint in cooking that I can easily trim off any mint invading other areas of lesser desirability (for me). I'm going to insert a barrier on the one side where it may become problematic. The rest of the space is limited by a fence and brick pathway.

Speaking of brewing, mint makes a great tea.

No comments: