Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pink Daffodils


Nothing says springtime better than a daffodil and since they look far more like coral than pink, I'm jubilant at being able to include them in my little corner of the world. The flower pictured above is Salome, one of the first pink daffodils to hit the market. I have not gotten reliable blooms from them in the ground, so from time to time they get planted in large earthenware pots and I hope for a rebloom the following year. To make sure that has a better chance of happening next year, I'll add bone meal into their containers as soon as the flowers are spent. These little beauties may end up on the table as my Easter centerpiece.

1 comment:

LINDA said...

I've never seen a pink daffodil. It's so beautiful. I'm definitely going bulb hunting!!!

Take care
//Linda